Sunday, August 17, 2008

Birthday party at Hooters!!

Just kidding. I did, however, contemplate this idea when we were in Beijing because there is a Hooters very close to us and Luhan has never experienced such an establishment. Yes, she too can see the irony of Hooters in Asia. Can you think of a better place to have your 30th birthday party than Hooters in China?

I settled for quite the opposite here in Tokyo. A friend of Luhan`s aunt wanted to take us all out for a traditional Japanese course dinner. There were six courses, none of which I can clearly remember because I really couldn`t determine what most of the food was. There was definitely sashami, rice, miso soup, a huge raw snail and some tempura, but also many things I couldn't identify.

Afterwards, we headed to a sky lounge hotel bar on the 46th floor. It was sort of like the bar in Lost in Translation. Sorry, I couldn't bring myself to take pictures in either of these places. I like to think that I know when to be a tourist and when to put the camera away.

We have a few more days left. I'm making dinner for everyone this evening and it’s a rainy day. So, tomorrow we'll wrap things up by heading to the fish market at 5 am. The morning fish market auction comes highly recommended by J. 

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Already getting all swanky on us in your old age.

PS-Can't check the game tomorrow morning. My ass is moving.