Monday, January 19, 2009

A short walk around Xian






As many of you know, I travel quite a bit for work, but I rarely have any time to explore. It's all work and no play, usually.. For some reason or another I had a long morning free last weekend in Xian, a big ol' city southwest of Beijing.

Xian is one of the oldest cities in Chinese hisory. You wouldn't know this by looking at it because honestly, it looks like every other Chinese city. Just outside the city there are a lot of ancient ruins, the famous Terracotta warriors and a few monuments worth noting, but I didn't have time for anything except an hour long stroll around a section the city wall built in 1370. It was quite a hazy day and I could barely see anything in the distance. I'll get back to Xian one day and check out some more things.

2 comments:

쓰레기통 여행 (The Voyage of Swill) said...

No terracotta warriors? I'm disappointed. How far is Xi'an from Beijing?

Gabel said...

Nope, no time. Xian is about an hour and a half flight. I do want to see that sometime though.