Monday, April 20, 2009

Plenty of things to do in Beijing

As of a few months ago LuHan has been working for a British NGO as a translator, interpreter, and project developer. One of the projects they have is called "One Plus One." To make a long story short, it's basically a full fledged radio station operated entirely by blind people.

One of the things they were working on was finding a theme song for their radio station. They contacted some studios and it was quite expensive. So, LuHan told them that I could probably write, record and produce it for half the price. You guys know I get quite a kick out of doing stuff like this, so I couldn't pass it up. In the end, I made three versions. You can listen to one here.

4 comments:

jb said...

Pretty awesome, Gabel... Do you have a translation of what the guy is singing about?

mores said...

I've got the stuck in my head now.

Gabel said...

"New blind people, new lifestyle" is the main line.

쓰레기통 여행 (The Voyage of Swill) said...

Good stuff Gabel.

Did you guys get the guy from Sugar Ray to scratch on the turntable?