Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall in Beijing






So, as people have told me again and again the fall is beautiful here. It hasn't rained for quite sometime and there have been plenty of blue sky days. This is a big change from the last month. The temperature has been mild as well. Everyone seems to be outside taking advantage. Our plans changed and we never made it out to the great wall or summer palace. We ended up laying low all weekend having dinner with Luhan's family on two occasions and staying out way too late on another. I finally had an "expat" night like the days in Korea. You sure do meet some interesting folk here...

We did manage to make it out to Bei Hai park which is centrally located in Beijing. It's definitely my favorite park that I've been too in the city mainly because there are trees and once you get inside the stressful sounds of bumper to bumper traffic are drowned out. There's also an enormous lake where you can rent boats.

2 comments:

쓰레기통 여행 (The Voyage of Swill) said...

Ahh . . . Ex-pat nights. Tell me about the weirdos. I wonder if I'll be one of those guys in a few years.

mores said...

I miss those nights as well, but they're not just reserved for foreign countries. I seem to recall having an expat night right here in NYC when Weitzel came to visit. Remember my hamburger on a waffle bun with maple syrup?