Friday, November 7, 2008

Mad man in neighborhood


So, this morning I awoke to find this posted to the apartment building beside ours. At first I thought it was an ad of some sort, but now that I'm fluent in Mandarin I read the text below. Ok, Luhan read the text. Apparently, this man (image I'm assuming came from a security camera) has robbed a few people at knifepoint. More specifically, his victims have all been foreigners.

I really didn't think this kind of nonsense happened in Beijing, but of course, I'm nieve. His attacks actually happened a few subway stops away from us, which is pretty far to be posting signs in our neighborhood, but I guess the community gets pretty fired up when someone is at large.

The sign warns that the victim should hand over his loot as the man has already stabbed a russian refusing give in.

As you can see, this is about as exciting as it gets these days. I'm working a ton and ready for a break. Luhan will be in NYC, Florida and San Francisco over the next week mainly to attend a wedding, but sounds more to me like a vacation.

2 comments:

쓰레기통 여행 (The Voyage of Swill) said...

If you were in Korea you could just tell him that you have AIDS and if he stabs you that you'll bleed on him and he'll get it. Would that work there?

Gabel said...

That's possible. If it comes down to it I'll give that a shot. Are you in India?