Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Apartment


Some folks have been asking what our apartment looks like. It's in an older brick building that actually has a little character. Those of you that have traveled to Asia know what I'm talking about, most of the apartment buildings are hideous and China is no exception to this. We live on the 5th floor and it's a walk-up so I've been hittin' the stairs hard. We have a small dining room and kitchen with a fairly moderate sized living room and bedroom. The bathroom is an all in one deal like the ones I experienced in Korea except it's so small that a shower curtain can't separate the showering area. It took some time to get used to, but it's not so bad now. I would say it's about the size of a typical one bedroom in NYC(manhattan), maybe a little bigger. With the windows open it's really quiet at night because it's back in a little neighborhood. I shot a little video with my handy cell phone because it's too hard to photograph.UPDATE: The video doesn't work on my end. Blogger videos may be blocked here in China. Does it work for you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Video works. Apartment looks good. Are you rocking that wok in the kitchen?

Gabel said...

Absolutely!

Unknown said...

Hi Matt & Luhan,
I enjoyed seeing your apt. As you know, I'm always interested in real estate. It looks a lot like an NYC apt, surprising to me.
I really want finger lickin braised pork Pringles & maybe crispy chicken!

XXXOOO