Sunday, July 27, 2008

Pringles


The excitement of going to our grocery store still has not worn off. So, I thought I'd write a little about Pringles. You know 'em and you love 'em. How many flavors of Pringles are you aware of? So far as I can see there are 22 flavors of Pringles in China. Here is a listing of the flavors available: Finger Licking Braised Pork, Sizzled BBQ, Tomato, BBQ Steak, Refreshing Lime, Tomato Ketchup, Spicy Chicken Authentic Original, Salt & Pepper, Cheesy Cheese, Presto Italiante, Finger Lickin' Braised Pork, Cucumber, Kimchee, Medeterranan Aroma, Aromatic Braised Chicken, Crispy Roasted Chicken, Black Pepper Ribeye, Sour Cream & Onion, Thai Curry.

The potato chips have just as much variety, if not more. When it comes to snack flavor variety the Asian world has definitely got us beat.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

You wrote braised pork twice you propaganda spreading mofo!

Gabel said...

Good eye Dan! 21 flavors.

mores said...

Where's the squid/cuttle fish flavor?

I thought you wrote braised pork twice because it was so delicious.

How about pickled pork spare rib flavor.

You missed out, I shared deep fried mars and lion bars with Dan and Sue and Jang Eun. Any interesting deep fried treats in Beijing?

moshi ng said...

hey there... i chanced upon your blog and it's awesome!
I was wondering, where can I locate this grocery store with the 21 Pringles flavours? I am in Beijing now and just super craving for chips!

Gabel said...

Well, I've had deep fried quail eggs, squid, chicken heart, chicken skin and chicken gizzard. Not many sweets, but I'll expore as I'm down with deep fried anything.

Gabel said...

The grocery store is called Carrefour (or close to it). They're everywhere! This one is in Shuang Jing. Eat up!!

Mary said...

I have a display of pringles cans above my desk at work. I only have 18. (I don't buy the light chips. Gross!)

If only I had those random, though delicious sounding chinese flavors too!